the 4 seasons in the midwest:
- parking lot carnivals
- church-sponsored oktoberfests
- dried-up patches of road salt all over your work jeans
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Oh, so the whole “you can’t ship cars, oh wait yes you can, what do you mean you already got rid of one car and drove the other” thing sucks for obvious reasons but also not so obvious ones. Like the fact that I flew and then Jeremy stayed two days to help the packers and loaders and then took a two day drive up to Wisconsin means I was with my stepmom in Neenah without him for four days and got kind of maxed out, and yet now need her to come down to Madison for a few days and help me, because it turns out that trying to unpack a house while a baby crawls around trying to kill herself and your husband is working from home so he’s RIGHT THERE but CAN’T HELP is the most impossible thing I’ve ever had to do. So hopefully I don’t accidentally snap and murder her while she is being the most helpful person I have in my life.
Got new job in Wisconsin, found apartment, quit old job, husband got permission to work from home in Wisconsin for Louisiana based company, found out my relocation package wouldn’t cover the cost of things AND cars, sold older car, flew self and baby to Appleton, husband drove himself and cat up in newer car, unloaded all our stuff, got message from relocation coordinator saying she got an exception and we could ship both cars for no additional cost (SIGH), and now one more week of frantic shopping and unpacking and hopefully just one daycare tour before starting work September 8th.