Oh, so the whole “you can’t ship cars, oh wait yes you can, what do you mean you already got rid of one car and drove the other” thing sucks for obvious reasons but also not so obvious ones. Like the fact that I flew and then Jeremy stayed two days to help the packers and loaders and then took a two day drive up to Wisconsin means I was with my stepmom in Neenah without him for four days and got kind of maxed out, and yet now need her to come down to Madison for a few days and help me, because it turns out that trying to unpack a house while a baby crawls around trying to kill herself and your husband is working from home so he’s RIGHT THERE but CAN’T HELP is the most impossible thing I’ve ever had to do. So hopefully I don’t accidentally snap and murder her while she is being the most helpful person I have in my life.
Got new job in Wisconsin, found apartment, quit old job, husband got permission to work from home in Wisconsin for Louisiana based company, found out my relocation package wouldn’t cover the cost of things AND cars, sold older car, flew self and baby to Appleton, husband drove himself and cat up in newer car, unloaded all our stuff, got message from relocation coordinator saying she got an exception and we could ship both cars for no additional cost (SIGH), and now one more week of frantic shopping and unpacking and hopefully just one daycare tour before starting work September 8th.
Sean Bean dies in everything because it’s the universe trying to correct the hole ripped in it due to the fact that his name doesn’t rhyme when it should
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
The Right Wing wants tyranny for those that “deserve” it.